sábado, 4 de mayo de 2013

Q is for Quilted Nails



Hello nailistas!! This post is for the letter Q challenge of the ABC Challenge from Kimber's Lacquer Korner. I don't know if you've ever paid attention to the fact that there are very few polish's names that start with this particular letter. At least in my collection! So I just couldn't think of anything else to do but Quilted Nails!! ...well I also thought of 'quick' and 'quiet' but that didn't make much sense hahaha!
 
So, I have done quilted nails before using the striping tape technique but when I saw this post by my fellow mexican blogger Pamela I was in awe...this really looked 'quilted'!! and I just loved the matte finish, it made it look like the frosting of a cake :)
That's why this time I decided to follow her tutorial and I succeeded easily in my opinion. The only thing that bothered me was that those microbeads fell off waaaay too easily. I guess I HAVE TO buy nail glue and see if they hold on a little better.
 
For this mani I used Essie's Neo Whimsical and Chanel Mat Top Coat. The microbeads I bought them at a craft store.
 
Thank you for coming over to my blog and don't forget to check the other ladies blogs with some witty Q manis! Go to the bottom for the links.







ESPAÑOL:

Hola Nailistas! Esta vez les presento el reto de la letra Q del reto ABC de Kimber's Lacquer Korner. No sé si lo han notado pero muy pocos esmaltes tienen un nombre que comience con esta letra y ciertamente yo no tengo ninguno en mi colección. Así que este reto me dio unos cuantos dolores de cabeza hasta que decidi hacer las uñas acolchadas o en inglés 'quilted'.
 
Yo ya había probado esta técnica pero lo había hecho con striping tape. Cuando vi este post de mi  amiga bloguera mexicana Pamela, quede anonadada! Me encantó, me fascinó, lo amé! Me gustó muchísimo el efecto mate sobre lo acolchado, hasta se me hizo que parecía el merengue de fondant de un pastel. Que por cierto, Pam si lees esto, ¿que esmalte de Essie usaste en ese post? Me encantó el tono!
 
Y bueno pues que de tanta fascinación quise imitar su técnica y aquí esta el resultado. En general me parecío sencillo de hacer lo único que me molestó es lo rápido que se caen las microperlas, creo que DEBO comprar pegamento para uñas a ver si así durán más.
 
En estas fotos usé Neo Whimsical de Essie y el Top Coat Mate de Chanel. Las microperlas las conseguí en una tiendita de manualidades.
 
Muchas gracias por pasar por mi blog y no olvides checar los blogs de las demás chicas en el reto que también se las ingeniaron para hacer manicures con Q!



21 comentarios:

  1. Your quilts look awesome! I love the color choice, you're right, they do look like frosting :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. This makes me wish I tried this technique! Great job :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Best. Quilts. Ever.

    I'm in awe, Marii!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. You're so sweet Lisa! Thanks a bunch for your lovely comments :D

      Eliminar
  4. BEAUTIFUL job - that base color is so pretty.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Liz, I agree Neo Whimsical is a beautiful muted lavender :)

      Eliminar
  5. Wow! All I can think of is, wedding cake!! These are sooo pretty!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Too bad the beads fell off. I love the quilted look, your nails totally look like my winter bed quilt! Love, love, love!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. This is beautiful!!! I agree with Natalie, it does look like frosting! Thanks for the tutorial link.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Llevo tiempo queriendo postear un diseño asi, pero nunca quedo contenta con el resultado. Aver si dentro de poco me vuelvo a animar!!
    Te dejo mi blog por si te apetece echarle un vistazo!

    Decora-nails

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hola Sandra! si deberías probar de nuevo, queda muy lindo! Ya cheque tu blog y déjame decirte que tu nail art es impresionante! o.O

      Eliminar
  9. That is a beautiful manicure! "frosting of a cake" is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the photos :D

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Mari no puedo creer que este post se me paso!!!!!!! Estoy en shock! jaja!
    Te quedaron bellisimas y al hacerlas en lila quedan todas bonitas y ahhh!!! me enamoré una vez mas de tu diseño <3
    Te cuento que yo también me inspiré en uno de tus manis hace poco pero por una u otra cosa no lo he subido al blog :(
    El tono de Essie que utilicé es Real Simple y la verdad es que es un tono hermoso. Luego lo uso solito y me encanta, voy a ver si todavia tienen una botellita donde lo compré, para ti!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. I absolutely love the way this looks. Great detail. It reminds me of decorated cupcakes. This is a great idea for something different. Thanks for sharing the pics and tips :)

    ResponderEliminar

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by! :) I love to read your comments! Be assured that I read them all!!

Hola! Muchas gracias por pasar por aquí! :) Me encanta leer tus comentarios! Y créeme que los leo todos!!