sábado, 1 de septiembre de 2012

31 DAY CHALLENGE Day 5: BLUE NAILS/ UÑAS AZULES

Blue is without a doubt one of the most beautiful colors. Who doesn't love it? It was so hard to choose a shade of blue for the challenge when they are all so incredibly breathtaking!

Since I couldn't decide I used 4 of them. I chose to do a gradient...and I loved it! :) Watch:

 
 
For those of you who don't know how to do this I will explain how I achieved this look.
 
1. First, apply your basecoat and your base color. The base color I chose was Azul from Renova Manicure Francés -this is a mexican brand- which is the lightest shade of blue. Wait for it to dry completely because you're going to press a sponge onto them!
From left to right:  Instant Artificials-Salon Sciences, Azul- Renova Manicure Francés, Minted- Revlon, 165- Bissú, Midnight Blue- Maybelline Forever Strong PRO, Clearly Quick -Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
 
 
2. To do the gradient you will be needing a make-up sponge. Dampen it and then apply a line of the darkest color on the sponge and continue down until you have completed your gradient. A little tip: you should have your bottles open cause you should paint the sponge fast so the polishes don't dry before you can put the sponge on your nails.
 
3. The trick to the gradient is that you shouldn't be able to see the lines of the brush when the color changes, and I find it hard to blend the colors in the nail, so to do it a little bit better I dabbed the sponge on a sheet of paper and bounced it moving it up and down so that the lines dissapear and then fastly move to your nails and do the same thing! I did this twice on each nail.
 
 
 
4. When you're done with the sponge you'll probably think that it looks a little rough but two coats of topcoat will fix that! I also added a tiny flower sticker to do an accent nail on my ring fingers.
 
5. Finally, just clean the polish that (inevitably) ended up on your skin and voilà!
 
 
This is only the second time I've ever done a gradient so you know, I'm happy with the result although it can be improved...I'm excited to do a lot more in the future, like they say "practice makes perfect"...

Have a beautiful weekend!!^^

I know it takes a while (cause there's so many of us!) but you should check out what these ladies came up with ;)

-Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner
-Kat at Hooked On Polish
-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Aly at Wonderland Beauty
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Kate at The Painted Pony Nails
-Cee at Absolutely Cee
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nail Narcotics
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful
-Mixed Mama
-Joanna @ Sweet Polish of Mine
-Patty Greenberg
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa
-Mari at Nailista
-Greta at How Was Your Day?
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L
-Gini at Sassy Paints
-Chameleon Stampede
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance
-Me, Myself, and Polish

7 comentarios:

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by! :) I love to read your comments! Be assured that I read them all!!

Hola! Muchas gracias por pasar por aquí! :) Me encanta leer tus comentarios! Y créeme que los leo todos!!